How to format Mini-Toc

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
TechWriter85
Propeller Head

How to format Mini-Toc

Post by TechWriter85 »

Hello.

I have been reading "Using Styles to Determine the Look of a Mini-TOC," part of the Flare online help, but I do not see the information I need.

We would like to reduce the leading of the lines of our mini-TOCs, but I can't seem to make that happen.

I have changed the margin-bottom and margin-top values from 1.12 em to 0.5 em. No difference. Next, in the Style format window for p.MiniTOC1, 2, and 3, I changed those values to 1 pt. I'm accustomed to thinking in points, and paragraphs with 1 point of leading between them would be stacked very closely. No difference.

I am sure that I am editing the correct .css.

What am I missing?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: How to format Mini-Toc

Post by Psider »

Perhaps the space is from the padding values?
Beaver
Propeller Head

Post by Beaver »

What do you mean with:
We would like to reduce the leading of the lines of our mini-TOCs, but I can't seem to make that happen.
Please add picture
_____
If you mean the leading blanks you have to change Margin-left of the MiniTOC
If i change MinitOC3 to 10pt you see in the preview what happens.
Madcap.MiniTOC.Margin.left.png
A picture says more than a thousand words
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TechWriter85
Propeller Head

Post by TechWriter85 »

Hi, Beaver. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Leading in this context is the vertical space between lines. For example, the leading between lines 1 and 2, below and between lines 2 and 3 is very different:

Line 1
Line 2

Line 3

In the mini-TOC, the leading is much bigger than we would like. We would like it to be more like the leading between lines 1 and 2 above, not 2 and 3. I've gotten a reply from MadCap but have not been able to get it to work .. yet. I'll post when I've got the right result.
ChrisBradley
Propeller Head

Post by ChrisBradley »

The default padding between MiniTOC proxy lines is considered '0'. So any number above zero will increase the distance. You need to change the padding-top of each p.MiniTOC# to a negative number. Here is the CSS:

p.MiniTOC1
{
padding-top: -10px;
}

p.MiniTOC2
{
}

p.MiniTOC3
{
}