Simultaneous Topnav and Sidenav Skins

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
TimHowd
Jr. Propeller Head

Simultaneous Topnav and Sidenav Skins

Post by TimHowd »

Hi there,

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find a related topic. If this has been resolved, please feel free to redirect me!

I am a content manager for multiple standard operating procedures across multiple languages. Our team has just adopted MadCap Flare to streamline our content management system.

Our ideal presentation of this content would (I think) leverage the functionality of both Topnav and Sidenav Skins: on the top of the page, we would like the option to select the language, and upon selecting the language, the Sidenav would change to the specific TOC consisting of that language's SOPs.

I feel that I am circling some possible solutions, but they feel very "hacky" and I wanted to see if a more user-friendly solution already exists.

Please let me know if I need to clarify my request. Thank you so much!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Simultaneous Topnav and Sidenav Skins

Post by NorthEast »

In a target that uses Side Nav, the contents can only show the master TOC for that target/output (that you select in the target).

So if all your SOPs are in the same target/output, then you can't display a different TOC for each language. So you can't switch TOCs within a single target/output.

If your SOPs are split into a separate target/output for each language, then each target would just have its own TOC that's specific to that language.
You could change language by just having a hyperlink to the outputs for each language.