Narrow monospace typeface for wide ASCII screenshots in PDF?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Joseph Zitt
Propeller Head

Narrow monospace typeface for wide ASCII screenshots in PDF?

Post by Joseph Zitt »

The software we're documenting uses character-based displays rather than graphics for most things (yes, extremely old school). We convert these into HTML to display as screenshots in our HTML and PDF output. After some struggles, we have this working pretty well with one exception:

We're trying to represent wide, 132-character screens in our PDF documents. The 80-character screens fit well, but getting small enough in Courier New to both fit and remain legible isn't working.

What is a good, narrow monospace font to use here? And what steps are needed to get Flare to recognize it in generating PDF output? So far, any way we've tried to indicate anything other than Courier New falls back to our documentation's default proportional sans-serif font, which doesn't work at all.
Joseph Zitt
Propeller Head

Re: Narrow monospace typeface for wide ASCII screenshots in

Post by Joseph Zitt »

Answering my own question, should others wonder the same thing, I'm using Anka/Coder Narrow. I found info on how to do it here: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/mad ... e-outputs/