Formatting micro-content search results

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
aharper12
Propeller Head

Formatting micro-content search results

Post by aharper12 »

Hello! We are new to using micro-content and are trying to get our search results to format the same as our other search results. When I look at the element, I see div classes:

- micro-content-container
- micro-response
- micro-content-expand-transition-wrapper

I cannot for the life of me find how where these are to format the style? I have attached a screenshot of not only our element inspect but also of how micro-content results look compared to regular search results.

I have tried editing all of the components of the HTML 5 search results skin (micro content result and micro content response styles) with no changes that I can see. I have looked in our stylesheet and I do not see the above div classes?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Adriana
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Formatting micro-content search results

Post by Psider »

aharper12
Propeller Head

Post by aharper12 »

Thanks for your reply, @PSider. Unfortunately no - we 've looked through those options and nothing seems to change... :(
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Did you definitely select Web Medium before making changes? While I haven't used micro content I know that changing mediums often caught me out for other styles.
mtg
Propeller Head

Post by mtg »

Hi @aharper12,

did you finally manage how to change the layout and style of the micro content? We ran into the same problem and we couldn't find any fix for this. :cry:
aharper12
Propeller Head

Post by aharper12 »

Unfortunately no :( We haven't had much luck so far.
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

Have you tried looking in the Skin Editor?
madcap-flare-skin-editor-microcontent-items.png
As usual, this provides some control but to really take full control, you'll probably need to add custom CSS to your stylesheet. I do this a lot by using the "Inspect" tools in my browser to get the right CSS class, much like you did in your original post here.

Cheers,
-jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtg
Propeller Head

Post by mtg »

Yes, I have already tried with the Skin Editor and checked the documentation. However, the changes are not applied in the output. It seems as if the settings are overridden with the build and if the settings somehow depend/relate to the settings for the body content in the stylesheet?? But that was just a guess on my side.

My (not so nice) solution is now indeed to add custom css to my stylesheet. I checked in the output in the browser with the "Inspect" functionality and looked up which styles I have to add into my regular stylesheet. In my case, I added css settings for the following:

Code: Select all

.micro-content-container > .micro-content {
	font-size: 1rem;
	padding-bottom: 20px;
}

.micro-content-container > .micro-content > .micro-response {
        margin-left: 0px;
	margin-top: 15px;
}

.micro-content-container > .micro-content > .micro-response-url {
    font-size: 0.8rem;
}
I actually wanted to avoid this solution but the micro content output really looked so bad that I'm doing it anyway :D

@aharper12: Maybe this would also be a workaround for you?