Merged Setup - Generate child PDFs from the master project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
caffrey123
Jr. Propeller Head

Merged Setup - Generate child PDFs from the master project

Post by caffrey123 »

Hi,

I am setting up a merged HTML5 system in Flare - a parent project with child projects linked in. From the master/parent project you can build the HTML project and it will pick up any updates you have made in the child projects for the final HTML output.

I have also set it up so you can build a child HTML5 project and you can then publish to the master output folder without having to generate everything from the master/parent project. This works fine and as expected.

PDFs seem to work differently though.

Can the same be done for PDFs? Can you build and publish all child PDFs from the master project? - or is it only possible to build and publish PDFs from the child projects?

Many thanks
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Merged Setup - Generate child PDFs from the master proje

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Unsurprisingly, the answer is "it depends". If you import the child projects into the master project you should be able to generate outputs from there. (But if you're going to be doing that, I wonder why you'd even bother having child projects at all.)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
caffrey123
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Merged Setup - Generate child PDFs from the master proje

Post by caffrey123 »

Thanks - i see what you mean. The master project would then be huge which defeats the object. Plus it would take an age to generate it all.

Would appreciate anyone else's thoughts on this as well.

Cheers