Unable to paste images from Flare output to Word

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Don Barwick
Propeller Head

Unable to paste images from Flare output to Word

Post by Don Barwick »

I need to be able to copy the content of a page from a Flare HTML5 output, and paste that content into Word. When I do so, images in the content don't get pasted - I only get the text. I can copy individual images (using "Copy Image") and paste them, but I need to be able to copy text and multiple images together. I am able to copy text and images from other websites; does anyone know why this doesn't work with Flare output?
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Unable to paste images from Flare output to Word

Post by BedfordWriter »

Seems to depend on the HTML behind those images. In my project, (Side-Nav, minimal extra formatting) I can copy a page over to Word and all of my images arrive with the text.
Just now, experimenting with the local weather forecasting site, I find that some images are copied with the bulk of the text and some are not. One difference is whether the image is also a link.

Looks like a good research project to figure out the specifics. Let us know what you find. :wink:
Don Barwick
Propeller Head

Re: Unable to paste images from Flare output to Word

Post by Don Barwick »

Thanks. I'll investigate some more; if I unearth anything useful, I'll add it here.