Text to right of image

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Text to right of image

Post by Techno »

Imagine you have a vertical image of a lift (or elevator) buttons. It is approximately 1 inch wide and 3.75 inches tall, and 9 buttons.

I want to image on the left side of the page, with the text to the right of each button.

The only way I have been able to do this, is by creating a 2 column, 1 line table. However a table is not ideal for blind people who use screen readers.

I seem unable to find any way to change the properties of the image. I can have text above and below, etc., but not to the left or right.

Where stupid mistake(s) am I making?
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Text to right of image

Post by SteveS »

Have you tried {float: left;} ?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Techno »

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I will be quite honest, being far from a coder, I normally only go to the editor for very simple corrections. Otherwise it's the WYSIWYG editor.

Since it is possible to deal with text and image vertically, I felt sure I was missing a similar feature for horizontal positioning.
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

Float left is available from the wysiwyg editor:
  • Insert an image
  • Type your text
  • Right click the image and choose Image Properties > Position, then choose Float Left on the image.
  • The text will jump to the right of the image.
You can also add margin to the image in the same Properities pane to buffer the text from the image. You'll need to play with styling your paragraphs to line them up with the image appropriately.

Cheers,

Rob