GAT script = invalid code error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

GAT script = invalid code error

Post by ktbCA57 »

I know there are lots of posts about the inclusion of GAT in help systems.. I've read a number... but haven't found one mentioning this exact problem that applies to this specific code.

So the footer on each master page (we have 2) is created from a snippet. I went to the footer snippet and tried adding the script below just before </body>... i even tried it AFTER but before </html> tag.. .neither worked. Each time when I tried to save, i got the invalid code error. I even tried deleting the highlighted line below. :(

Can someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong? Please?
GAT code.PNG
Thanks for any suggestions. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: GAT script = invalid code error

Post by Psider »

I think async has to be either async="" or async="async". I can't remember which, though.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Yes, edit the code to aysnc="" and insert it inside the body before the closing </body> tag.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27204#p131110
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Thank you both SOOOO much... i have made the change you suggested, and voila...no error... just waiting now for our web guy to verify that it's working!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

So just as a follow-up... the initial change (removing "src") did not cause an error.. but the script also didn't work... so he had me try the following:

<<script async="" src="https://

that may have been when you both meant for me to do.. and i didn't recognize the instruction.. but all is well now..

THANKS!