Spellcheck broken?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Spellcheck broken?

Post by oceanclub »

Has anyone hit a problem where their spellchecker seems broken? I can run spellcheck from the right-hand pane and "Spell Check Complete" is displayed with no obvious misspellings inserted being caught. If I turn on "Spell Check While Typing", nothing happens either.

P.
Jeong
Propeller Head

Re: Spellcheck broken?

Post by Jeong »

I've seen that happen also and the behaviour seems a bit random. I've altered my workflow to not rely on spellcheck-as-you-type and I run a manual check at the end of topic. However, if you suspect that's not working either, you might have to close the topic and open it again, or close Flare and open it again. (Flare 64bit, 2019 r2).

I'm experimenting with not keeping the PDF preview window open all the time and seeing if that improve things - I initially kept it open the whole time I'm working, and taking a very unscientific "survey" of forum respondents, I think I was having more than the average amount of random weirdness in Flare.

I'd be curious to know if you discover any tips/tricks that work for you!
RhonaTTH
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Spellcheck broken?

Post by RhonaTTH »

Hi,

I am having the same issue - NO spellchecker at all - doesn't matter what I type, nothing is being picked up. If I run it manually it is finding the spaces and an issue with a pageref (when I run on all the project). What am I missing??? Help please as had to build in PDF and then copy and paste into word to spellcheck it.... Madness.

Thanks
Rhona