Can I change the default size settings for inserted images?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
SDWriterClmt
Propeller Head

Can I change the default size settings for inserted images?

Post by SDWriterClmt »

Hi all. This question applies to Flare 2019.

I can't seem to find information on this. I'd like to reset the default size settings of images added in my topics. Right now, the default Width = "(default)" and Height = "(default)", which I assume means true size. I'd love to have these values pre-set to Width = 90% and Height = "Automatic" whenever I hit Ctrl-G, etc. Is there a way to do this?

The reason being is that most of the images I'm adding to my project's pages need to be able to resize automatically as screen size changes. It's a pain to have to reset the size values each time I add an image to a topic.

Thanks in advance.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Can I change the default size settings for inserted imag

Post by doloremipsum »

This can easily be handled through the stylesheet. Images use the img tag, so you can open that selector in your stylesheet and set the height and width as required. That is most convenient if the majority of images in your project have the same size requirements. For any exceptions you can edit the height and width of that particular image locally, and that will override the stylesheet.

If different images need different sizes, it's better to create some style classes in your stylesheet - e.g. img.wideimage, img.tallimage, img.icon, img.screenshot. This gives you better consistency across multiple types of images.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
SDWriterClmt
Propeller Head

Re: Can I change the default size settings for inserted imag

Post by SDWriterClmt »

Excellent. Thanks. This seems to work very well. my basic img class remains unchanged, but I now have an "autosize" subclass of it that's very easy to assign. And as you guessed, only most of the image will require this property. Some will be relatively small, so having those appear at 90% of screen width is not appropriate.