WebHelp output doesn't work in Firefox

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
gingermc
Propeller Head

WebHelp output doesn't work in Firefox

Post by gingermc »

I have a WebHelp project that doesn't work in Firefox. It stopped working a number of Firefox versions ago, but I recently upgraded to the latest version of Flare (2019R2) and I'd like to figure out what the problem is. The project works in the latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, but in Firefox, the attached is as far as it gets. Then it stops.
SMP_firefox.jpg
The individual topics open in Firefox. It's just the frame that doesn't seem to work. Perhaps there is something in the index file that's the cause?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ginger Mc
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: WebHelp output doesn't work in Firefox

Post by NorthEast »

I haven't used WebHelp for years, so I can't suggest much apart from:
* If you publish to a server, and the problem is only on the server and not your local PC, then the issue is probably related to your server setup.
* Press F12 in the browser and check the console for errors. If you see errors, then send the details to MadCap support.

I would suggest updating your project though, because MadCap is going to remove support for WebHelp soon.
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... atures.htm