Unknown orange symbol on file causing issues.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Unknown orange symbol on file causing issues.

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

Hi,

One of the tech writers (aka User1 in the example below) is getting the following errors when she tries to synchronize with our GitHub repository:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\User1\Documents\My Projects\Our-Project-Name\Content\Resources\Images\logo_edited.jpg to C:\Users\User2\Pictures\logo_edited.jpg
Could not copy file: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User2\Pictures\' is denied.
Copying C:\Users\User1\Documents\My Projects\Our-Project-Name\Content\Resources\Images\Large Logo.jpg to C:\Users\User2\Pictures\Large Logo.jpg
Could not copy file: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User2\Pictures\' is denied
When I view the file in the Content Explorer there is this odd yellow/orange symbol on the file as shown in the screenshot below.
git-unkown-icon031620_big.PNG
Here is some additional info:
  • This file dates back nearly two years ago when our project was first checked into GitHub and has never been modified.
  • Neither I or the other tech writer (aka User2) is getting the error messages when we synchronize although we both see this symbol.
  • If you right-click on the files wit the symbol you get the Regenerate Captured Image option. However, performing this option does not get rid of the symbol
Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unknown orange symbol on file causing issues.

Post by Psider »

It might be the External Resources icon:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Files.htm
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Re: Unknown orange symbol on file causing issues.

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

Thank you! :D That was it.
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1