"Error" Code in Messages?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
EricS
Propeller Head

"Error" Code in Messages?

Post by EricS »

Hi all -

Hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on this. I started receiving the following "errors" in the messages window in one of my projects yesterday and was hoping someone could give me an idea a what it means:
Background:System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<>c__DisplayClass249_0.<GetItem>b__0(Repository mRepository)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.RunLocal[T](Func`2 f, T deflt)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.StartWatch(IUrl url, Boolean refreshing)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.RefreshWatch(IUrl url, UpdateLocalVersionAction action)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<>c__DisplayClass252_0.<RefreshWatch>b__0(Repository mRepository)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<UpdateRepositoryStatus>b__241_0(Repository mRepository)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<>c__DisplayClass210_0.<RunLocal>b__0(Repository mRepository)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at B3.AppKit.CustomBackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
Background:System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<>c__DisplayClass249_0.<GetItem>b__0(Repository mRepository)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.StartWatch(IUrl url, Boolean refreshing)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.RefreshWatch(IUrl url, UpdateLocalVersionAction action)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<>c__DisplayClass252_0.<RefreshWatch>b__0(Repository mRepository)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<UpdateRepositoryStatus>b__241_0(Repository mRepository)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.<>c__DisplayClass210_0.<RunLocal>b__0(Repository mRepository)

Thanks,

Eric
Eric S.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: "Error" Code in Messages?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Looks like a Git thing - is your connection to your repository (or whatever it's called in Git) ok?
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

It is a Git thing, but it won't have anything to do with the connection. I most frequently get errors like this when I'm moving large numbers of files (*sometimes* when I'm messing around with lists). Usually you can solve this problem by simply committing any pending changes. You may need to restart the Flare UI as well, and take the standard step of deleting the Analyzer folder.

Basically it just means that something's gotten twisted in between Flare and Git and you just need to 'reset' it. There isn't actually anything wrong with your files, probably.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
EricS
Propeller Head

Post by EricS »

Thanks for the input. I had just moved a significant number of files around as per our dev teams request for a new folder structure so that appears to have been the issue. Have not run into the message again now at all.
Eric S.