Deleted files not getting removed in SVN

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
TeSol
Sr. Propeller Head

Deleted files not getting removed in SVN

Post by TeSol »

Hello,

I am using Madcap Flare 2019 and SVN.
I have deleted a folder that was under Topics in Flare. When I try to commit the changes I get a message that '(Filename) is scheduled for addition but is missing'. When I return to the Pending changes tab, the files I tried to commit are no longer there. However, if I click on Refresh the files continue to be displayed. I've tried several times and these files just refuse to get removed; yet I cannot figure out where they are. Please see the attached file.
Can someone help me how to get rid of these files forever? It's very annoying when they continue to show in the Pending Changes tab.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul Griffiths
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Deleted files not getting removed in SVN

Post by Paul Griffiths »

Hi TeSol

We use Flare 2019 and SVN too. From time to time, Flare and SVN seem to get out of synch with each other.

The good news is that SVN usually has the correct view of things, so if you have a way of looking at inside the repository (for example, with Tortoise's Repo Browser) I'd bet you'd find these files absent as they should be.

The bad news is that the usual way we resolve these issues is simply to pull out a new (correct) working copy from SVN - to a separate folder obviously.

So try that and see if it solves the problem.

Paul
TeSol
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Deleted files not getting removed in SVN

Post by TeSol »

That worked...SVN didnt have these folders and a fresh import had a clean directory structure.
Wish these little issues didnt crop up - it doesnt affect the project or output but looks untidy.

Thanks for your timely help. Apologies for the belated reply.
Regards.