Remove/Not Use Image on Toggler

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Remove/Not Use Image on Toggler

Post by ktbCA57 »

I am endeavoring to do some clean up and simplification of the UI we have styled for the online help. It currently looks a bit busy and I'd like to have some togglers at the end of a paragraph.

To do so, I'd like to not have an image showing the the left of the toggler... is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Remove/Not Use Image on Toggler

Post by Chicago_HPT »

You can edit the style for MadCap|dropDown in the Stylesheet Editor. In particular, you'll want to edit the following properties, found in the "Unclassified" property group:
  • mc-closed-image
  • mc-open-image; and possibly
  • mc-image-spacing
You can find a little more information in the Flare online help at http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... 20dropdown.

I hope that helps,
-jeff
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Thanks, Jeff... I do know how to change the image... However, I don't see a way to remove an image. I don't want to replace it, i want to remove it completely.... so that there's just the text that shows, rather than a open/close image... Is there a trick to doing that? What am I not seeing?

Also... this is for a toggler... not drop down text.

Thanks!
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

Hm, I'm sorry. I'm not sure I know the difference between a toggler and drop-down text. I presumed they were the same thing since you toggle drop-down text to be open or closed and there's typically an image to the left to indicate the state.

If they are different, though, I suspect the process is still the same. You'd just need to find out the style name for the toggler. I use Chrome's web developer tools by pressing F12 when viewing a page. To remove the image I would expect you could just delete the value of the property.

-jeff
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

In the MadCap|toggler style, set the mc-open-image and mc-closed-image to the text "none".

Code: Select all

MadCap|toggler
{
	mc-closed-image: none;
	mc-open-image: none;
}