Flare Micro Content and Chatbots

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Folkie
Propeller Head

Flare Micro Content and Chatbots

Post by Folkie »

Hi all, hoping someone can help.

I've been asked to come up with a project proposal to add a sort of virtual assistant to our software, which would be a chatbot (Hopper) linked to micro content maintained in Flare. I'll be working with a developer who will be responsible for the chatbot side of things.

We already have HTML5 Help so should be able to create some of the micro content from there and the rest from scratch. My first task is to upgrade to the latest version of Flare (still on 2019 v1 for various reasons) which I plan to start next week and can then play with micro content, I've read Matthew Ellison's article Working with Micro Content in MadCap Flare 2019 and I'm also going to watch his webinars on YouTube (I saw his presentation at MadWorld Dublin last year).

I need to produce an initial estimate for the work by next Thursday, but I've never done anything like this before and have very little feel for how long the work might take - I don't even know yet how many potential questions/phrases and responses there might be so I'm not really sure where to start.

Has anyone done this sort of thing and is able give me some idea of timescale to help with my guesstimate? Any hints & tips or pitfalls? Anything that might be a potential challenge or blocker? That's apart from the fact that this is a part of the software I know very little about so don't really know what sort of questions might be asked :? I really feel out of my depth but there's no one else to do the work so I need to get to grips with it PDQ.

Thanks!

Jane