Cleaning out Webworks junk

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Cleaning out Webworks junk

Post by RamonS »

Got asked to add content to a CHM that I didn't touch in almost 2 years and that I do not have the original FM/WebWorks project for, but only the CHM. I managed to decompile the CHM, use HTML Workshop to make a project from it, import that into Flare 2020, and compile a new CHM. When I now open the CHM I get a bunch of script errors because some webworks junk is embedded on every page.

Any advice on how to remove that section from each html file? There are too many files to do this manually. Thanks in advance!
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Cleaning out Webworks junk

Post by doloremipsum »

It sounds like you could do something clever with the Find/Replace here - you might need to use Wildcards, a Regular Expression or the new Elements feature to bulk find the bits you want. The trick here is that 'replacing' with an empty field just deletes the string that you found.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I will look into that. I wish I could put this project on more solid footing, but after inquiring about delivery date and being told "yesterday" I had to use HTML Workshop and Notepad. I guess the 90s are back. I surprised myself by remembering how to do this.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Does HTML Help Workshop compile the decompiled project ok?

Just depending on how much you've got to edit (now and in future), it may be easier to use a text editor to make the changes and then compile in workshop, rather than import into Flare and then try and fix it up.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

It compiles it ok...but it needs some testing. It is hard to tell if it is worth the effort to make it be good to go in Flare. Thanks for the suggestions.