Overlapping Slide navigation TOC over the Content pane

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
chrisjoseph
Jr. Propeller Head

Overlapping Slide navigation TOC over the Content pane

Post by chrisjoseph »

Is it possible to overlap the slide navigation TOC over the Content pane in Flare rather than pushing the content pane to the left or the right? I would not like to shift the Content pane to the right or the left when using Slide navigation as the content appears to be cut and this is a problem for us when using tablets. The look and feel of this functionality is not great. Would be great to know if there are any solution for this problem. Also would appreciate if Madcap could add such a functionality in Flare if not already present.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Overlapping Slide navigation TOC over the Content pane

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I don't have an answer to your question, but if you want to make the feature suggestion to Madcap, raise a feature request (see my signature for a link).
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
claypool
Propeller Head

Post by claypool »

Just wondering if you'd ever gotten a reply as to if this is possible. I have a similar question as the Accessibility consultant our company hired marked this as an issue since the user is then required to close the menu to see if the content is what he/she is looking for.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Holly
chrisjoseph
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by chrisjoseph »

We shifted to the tripane html5 skin provided by Flare and changed the look and feel of the skin to match our products. Doing so solved the problem for us when in a web based output format and also when we shift to a tab-based or mobile-based output, it automatically shifted to the side nav look and feel. The overlapping of content does not appear in the Tripane HTML 5 skin for web based output and doesn't seem to be a major problem when mobiles. For tablets, it is still a problem, but I guess, Madcap has to come up with something for this. Hope this helps.