Toolbar Button- Modifying width and Removing Dropdown

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jenn85
Propeller Head

Toolbar Button- Modifying width and Removing Dropdown

Post by jenn85 »

My toolbar is very simple--just need "expand all" and "collapse all."

I've looked through the help documentation but couldn't find the answer to two questions:
How do I get rid of that long tooltip that opens when I hover over Expand (or Collapse) all? See attached image.

I can't find where to edit it in the skin settings.

Second, how do I edit the width of the toolbar? Again, not finding it in the skin settings, unless I'm blind.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Toolbar Button- Modifying width and Removing Dropdown

Post by SKamprowski »

Hello,

I assume you can do all you've asked for if you add a component toolbar skin to your project and to your target.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
jenn85
Propeller Head

Post by jenn85 »

SKamprowski wrote:Hello,

I assume you can do all you've asked for if you add a component toolbar skin to your project and to your target.
Yes, I have done that. The problem still exists--I cannot find where in the skin component to decrease the size of the toolbar button drop-down, nor have I found where to specify the width.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hello,

in skin editor for your topic toolbar skin, Styles, enable Highlight,
click on the button you want to modify, that highlights the appropriate section below Toolbar Button.
You should find Size with Width and Height. Both can be enlarged or decreased.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
chrisjoseph
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by chrisjoseph »

Look at the Collapse All setting under Toolbar button and the Toolbar button setting for your skin.

Which version of flare and which skin are you using? I can't see this problem in our help file and we are using tripane html 5 skin.
jenn85
Propeller Head

Post by jenn85 »

SKamprowski wrote:Hello,

in skin editor for your topic toolbar skin, Styles, enable Highlight,
click on the button you want to modify, that highlights the appropriate section below Toolbar Button.
You should find Size with Width and Height. Both can be enlarged or decreased.
Thank you! I didn't know about the Highlight feature, so this is great!

What I'm needing to figure out how to change is the toolbar tooltip. When I hover over the button in my built project, the Expand All (or Collapse All) tooltip stretches across the screen.

When I go to the section you suggested, the only width/height that changes is the button itself and not the tooltip. When I go to the Toolbar Button Drop-down section, there isn't an option for changing width/height of a tooltip.
Last edited by jenn85 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
jenn85
Propeller Head

Post by jenn85 »

chrisjoseph wrote:Look at the Collapse All setting under Toolbar button and the Toolbar button setting for your skin.

Which version of flare and which skin are you using? I can't see this problem in our help file and we are using tripane html 5 skin.
I'm in MadCap Flare 2020 and it's a Top Navigation html 5 skin.
jenn85
Propeller Head

Post by jenn85 »

I figured out the problem by calling MadCap help.

For those of us who need to specify the width of the content in your master style sheet, the tooltip may have inherited the width property from it. Create a tooltip selector under p and set the width to auto to hack this.

(I wanted to post the solution because I hate when I run into someone with my exact problem and no one posts the solution, or someone just says "figured it out, thanks!")