Top Nav Output: Tables & images "wrapping" with side menus

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
dmcmillion
Jr. Propeller Head

Top Nav Output: Tables & images "wrapping" with side menus

Post by dmcmillion »

If I have a table or image at the very top of a help topic, on smaller screens the side menu pushes it down the page.

This means I end up with a help topic title, a large blank space, then the image or table will show up. :? How can I fix this?

I can't put images in thumbnails because I'm using the Salesforce integration, but this would not have helped with the same issue occurring with tables.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Top Nav Output: Tables & images "wrapping" with side men

Post by Psider »

Perhaps the table width is set to 100%, either in the table style or manually on the table?
dmcmillion
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dmcmillion »

Maybe, but changing the table skin would not help with the same issue occurring with images. I need the table or image to resize in response to the side menu, and I'm not sure where that setting lives or if it's available.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Ah, images. That'll prevent the table resizing even if you remove the table width setting. Sorry I don't have any ideas for making the images resize.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Actually maybe I do?

What happens if you make sure there's no width on the table (either inline or in the style), and you set a max-width: 100% on the images in the table?
JvdB
Propeller Head

Post by JvdB »

Psider wrote:Actually maybe I do?

What happens if you make sure there's no width on the table (either inline or in the style), and you set a max-width: 100% on the images in the table?
I'm having exactly the same problem. I want the table width to dynamically adjust to the right-side menu, only it doesn't - the table is pushed downwards beneath the menu.

I'm using a TableStyle and neither the width nor the max-width are set within the style. However, in the topic, I had the following:
<table style="width: 100%;mc-table-style: url('../../TableStyles/AlternateRowColor.css') - this is because in the PDF, I want this table at 100% width.

So I used Psider's suggestion and changed it to the following:
<table style="max-width: 100%;mc-table-style: url('../../TableStyles/AlternateRowColor.css')

Works for both PDF (table remains at 100% width) and screen (now adjusts for the side menu).

Thank you, Psider! :)

Edit: After rolling this solution out to all the tables in my document, I discovered the following:
If you have set an internal column-width to a particular size (either px or percentage) the max-width doesn't work.
If you have very little content inside a table, the table will not stretch to 100% in the PDF. In this instance, I set the width and not the max-width so that my PDF looked ok, but the online help pushes the table under the side navigation menu. As this only occurred once, I decided that I could live with that.
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Post by kerimucci »

Hello.

Is there a way to fix this issue even when columns are set to a certain width? I am seeing this as well, but all of my tables have columns with a set width, so setting the tables to a max-width of 100% doesn't have an effect. :cry: