DIV I've created not working/visible [FIXED]

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

DIV I've created not working/visible [FIXED]

Post by M33R4 »

I created a new DIV in my stylesheet, called in column. It has a certain height, width, margin and a darkish background.

When I look for this DIV to apply it to a paragraph in my topic, this DIV is not in the list/table.

I have also tried to manually enter it in Text Editor mode, saved my project but on preview this DIV has no behaviour at all, as though there is no DIV placed on the paragraph.

I deleted the DIV, tried to create it again but having same problems with any new DIV that I create.

Help please?

Many thanks.
Last edited by M33R4 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie to MadCap Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: DIV I've created not working/visible

Post by NorthEast »

If it's actually called "in column", then that's invalid because a class name can't contain a space.

For example, if you add div.in column {} to your stylesheet, that means style the "column" tag inside the "div.in" tag.

Maybe show the actual CSS you're using.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by M33R4 »

Dave Lee wrote:If it's actually called "in column", then that's invalid because a class name can't contain a space.

For example, if you add div.in column {} to your stylesheet, that means style the "column" tag inside the "div.in" tag.

Maybe show the actual CSS you're using.
Apologies Dave - it was just called "column"
Newbie to MadCap Flare
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

To apply a div, select the content you want the div to apply to and then on the Home tab in the Paragraph group the icon on the far right is called Group. Click that, and it should apply a div to the selected content and give you the opportunity to select the div you want.

If the <p> (or <p>s) aren't in a list, the keyboard shortcut for applying a div is to press the Tab key on your keyboard.

Hope that helps.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

So if the div doesn't appear in the styles list, and doesn't style the output (when manually applied in the HTML), then I'd guess that you've accidentally created the div in a stylesheet medium, rather than the default medium. Or maybe you have multiple stylesheets, and have just added it to the wrong stylesheet.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by M33R4 »

Dave Lee wrote:So if the div doesn't appear in the styles list, and doesn't style the output (when manually applied in the HTML), then I'd guess that you've accidentally created the div in a stylesheet medium, rather than the default medium. Or maybe you have multiple stylesheets, and have just added it to the wrong stylesheet.
Hi Dave :)

I only stick to the 1 stylesheet.

Apologies if this question is daft - How would I get into the stylesheet medium, please?
Newbie to MadCap Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

M33R4 wrote:Apologies if this question is daft - How would I get into the stylesheet medium, please?
Check the help: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ueries.htm

It's an easy/common mistake to have the wrong medium selected when you add a style.