How to fit ToC into one printed page?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
telby123
Jr. Propeller Head

How to fit ToC into one printed page?

Post by telby123 »

Hello, I'm a bit of a Flare noob, so the solution could be very simple here.

I'm trying to fit my table of contents into one printed page (I'm exporting the document as a PDF), but what I'm doing isn't working. I only have one line that has seeped onto the next page, so I *think* I should be able to fit it all into one printed page. See attached picture for reference.

So far, I've tried going into p.TOC1 to change the PrintSupport property -- I tried page-break-after: avoid. That didn't work. Then I tried to increase the widows. That also didn't work.

Anyone have any other tips on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How to fit ToC into one printed page?

Post by robdocsmith »

From the looks of it that text frame on the first page looks pretty crammed and it doesn't look likely that the text will fit.

Try going to the master page the TOC uses and expanding the Body text frame a little. Once you've got all the text settled on a single page you might find it looks too long for the existing margins and your style. Unfortunate that it's a single line. If it looks too cramped, the only real options are to either go smaller, reduce the spacing or font size to make it fit, or go bigger and add a bunch of space around each TOC style. I like to put some white space between my H1s for example to stretch things out a bit.

Rob