Topic-level stylesheet not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Topic-level stylesheet not working

Post by oceanclub »

(A followup question from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33744, which seems to be impossible to implement unfortunately).

By default, my projects use a global stylesheet which is assigned in the Defaults > Primary Stylesheet field of the Project Properties.

However, I'm trying to assign a particular stylesheet to a type of topic (in this case to turn off heading number, and as a test to turn the heading 1 red).

So in the topic properties, I've assigned the following values:

* Stylesheet: my specific stylesheet
* Disable project and target stylesheets: turned on

However when I build my PDF, the topic looks as if the global stylesheet is being used.

(I thought maybe the Primary Stylesheet field of the PDF target was overriding it, so I set that to (default))

I would have thought a stylesheet specified for a topic would take precedence over the project stylesheet (especially with the Disable project and target stylesheets option turned on).

Anyway, any help appreciated.

P.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Topic-level stylesheet not working

Post by Nita Beck »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. In Flare's Help topic https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Files1.htm, check out the What's Noteworthy bit near the end. Suggests that "locally applied" stylesheets aren't supported for PDF output. (I wish MC would put this kind of information near the top of a topic...)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by oceanclub »

Nita Beck wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. In Flare's Help topic https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Files1.htm, check out the What's Noteworthy bit near the end. Suggests that "locally applied" stylesheets aren't supported for PDF output. (I wish MC would put this kind of information near the top of a topic...)
Oh dear! Something which I thought was going to be simple (have per-topic styling) is obviously not. Might send a mail to Madcap requesting this but obviously doesn't help in short term. Thanks for letting me know though!

Paul
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

Hm. That help topic reads, "You cannot use multiple stylesheets per content file for native Adobe PDF output" (emphasis mine). That seems to suggest that you can use one (1) per content file. But it sounds as if that's not the case. Is that correct?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

oceanclub wrote:Oh dear! Something which I thought was going to be simple (have per-topic styling) is obviously not. Might send a mail to Madcap requesting this but obviously doesn't help in short term. Thanks for letting me know though!

Paul
I could be wrong on this. That "What's Noteworthy" note was not terribly clear, at least to me.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
sarrantsvt
Propeller Head

Post by sarrantsvt »

Nita Beck wrote: I could be wrong on this. That "What's Noteworthy" note was not terribly clear, at least to me.
Oh. No. No, not clear. What if you have a stylesheet for the topic and a couple of table stylesheets? That note makes me think you can't have the table stylesheets -- which is wrong because you can. Now I'm confused. :o
Doing Online Help since 1990. I remember "dots" .........
Got a bug? https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs/
Got a suggestion? https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by oceanclub »

I submitted a feature request to Madcap Flare and have been told there is already a feature request for it so it does seem per-topic styling in PDFs doesn't work _but_ will hopefully be added at some date.

P.