Tooltip Text for HTML5 Tripane Template?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
djrussell
Propeller Head

Tooltip Text for HTML5 Tripane Template?

Post by djrussell »

Hello-
I need some help finding the tooltip setting that currently displays "Navigate next" and "Navigate previous". These display for the buttons that are added by default at the bottom of each page. I'm setting up the HTML5 Tripane (dark) template and have searched everywhere trying to find the tooltip text, but no luck. Does anyone know where the tooltip settings are located? I have looked multiple times in the "UI Text" tab in the HTM5 Skin Editor but have not run across anything. There are tooltip settings for the toolbar buttons at the top which are fine. I have searched the forum and also the MadCap help and resources but no luck.

I'm running the latest version of Flare (2021 r3) and trying to set up the HTML5 tripane (dark) template.

I appreciate your help,
Donna
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Tooltip Text for HTML5 Tripane Template?

Post by doc_guy »

JQuery to the rescue!

I had a problem with the prev/next buttons. MadCap wasn't displaying them in a way that was accessible, so I created the following jquery function to let me control the text and the tool tip for each:

Code: Select all

function replaceButtonText() { // needed for accessibility b/c MadCap doesn't insert the text correctly
    if ($( "button.previous-topic-button" ).length) {
            $( "div#bottomnav" ).find( "button.previous-topic-button" ).text( "Previous Topic" ); // puts text in the Previous Topic button at bottom of page
            $( "div#bottomnav" ).find( "button.next-topic-button" ).text( "Next Topic" ); // puts text in Next Topic button at bottom of page
            $( "div#bottomnav" ).find( "button.next-topic-button" ).attr( "title","Next Topic" ); // puts attribute in Next Topic button at bottom of page
            $( "div#bottomnav" ).find( "button.previous-topic-button" ).attr( "title","Previous Topic" ); // puts attribute in Previous Topic button at bottom of page
                console.log('The bottom navigation button text and attribute values have been added.');
    } else {
        console.log("No bottom navigation buttons on page");
    }
}
Then you need to call the function after the page has fully loaded using this function:

Code: Select all

$( window ).on( "load", function() { // on load waits until the page is fully loaded then does the followng: 
    replaceButtonText();
});
You will need to fix the div#bottomnav part because that is a custom div I created on my Template page (formerly called Master page) to contain my bottom navigation that I insert via a topic tool bar. But this might get you going the right direction.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

djrussell
Propeller Head

Re: Tooltip Text for HTML5 Tripane Template?

Post by djrussell »

Thank you! :c) I will give that a try.

I know this isn't related to my original question but is there a way to have page breaks ignored in the online version of a doc? I need those in the PDF version for certain topics but the online version translates page breaks as an empty page when using the Print button. I'll dig in Flare to see if there is some way to apply a Conditional tag, but it seems weird to have all of the H1 tags that include a page break to produce an empty printed page.