Contributor not using the stylesheet embedded in a template?

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
crownjulesb
Propeller Head

Contributor not using the stylesheet embedded in a template?

Post by crownjulesb »

Hello All,
I'm attempting to create templates for contributors to use when they create new content for specific parts of our manual. When you create a template from a Flare topic the stylesheet, snippets, and images are all embedded in the template file.
When you create a new file in contributor by using this new .mccot file as the base - it does not apply the embedded template by default.

Does anyone know why this is? My human contributors are not all 100% tech-savvy, so making things as easy as possible for them is essential. Forcing them to have to go into the settings each time they create a new document will not go down well with them :!: Also, Contributor seems to read the stylesheet slightly differently from Flare - the inline image does not show correctly. Again, not sure why.

Can you set Contributor to use the template in FULL by default? Otherwise, what's the point of having all the extras embedded in the template at all :?:
Thanks for your help..
Jules
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Contributor not using the stylesheet embedded in a templ

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I don't use Contributor, but hopefully someone will come along with an answer to your question. That said, I would put in a feature request (see my signature) and MadCap may take your needs on board for the next release.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Corinna
Propeller Head

Re: Contributor not using the stylesheet embedded in a templ

Post by Corinna »

This is an old question to a problem that still exists.

I just tested the contribution template workflow and ran into the same problem. The stylesheet associated with the contribution template isn't pulled by Contributor, leaving the template topic "unstyled" upon opening. If I do, however, create a contribution template from a MadCap Flare default project, it works, but not quite: the styles are slightly different ( h2 = 21 pt instead of 18 pt, for instance).

Renaming and moving the customized stylesheet to its original/default place (Content > Resources > Stylesheets > Styles.css) did not make a difference.