add date to every page?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

add date to every page?

Post by cayennep »

I'm being asked to put a 'last changed date' on every page. I don't think there is value to this, but is there even a way to automate it?? I am NOT using source control, and don't see any reason to, certainly not just to get this. I'm a single author but also not really understood the value of source control for output.
So is there a way to add a date to every page?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: add date to every page?

Post by Psider »

There are a few date variables you can add to the footer in the, is it called a page layout now? Last time I looked at this was many years ago so it was master page back then. But from memory I couldn't get the date the topic itself was modified - I think it ended up being the last time the topic was generated? Anyway, hopefully this helps you know where to look so you can do some testing.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

You need to combine two features: Open the template page. Insert a reference to the variable. (Assuming you want the date to be at the end of the page, put it after the topic body proxy that will already be in the page.)
In the target, under Advanced, for Template Page, select the template page you created.
When you build the help, each topic will have the date the file was saved inserted after the main body content.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Just a note to say this was also posted in the Slack group and has been answered, so don't waste time replying to it.