breadcrumbs not loading in HTML5 Madcap Flare output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
vishra2001
Jr. Propeller Head

breadcrumbs not loading in HTML5 Madcap Flare output

Post by vishra2001 »

Hi all,
I have an issue where the Top navigation, Menu proxy, and breadcrumb proxy of the HTML5 output would intermittently stop loading as I navigate through the output. "You are here" text displays, but the breadcrumbs text does not.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: breadcrumbs not loading in HTML5 Madcap Flare output

Post by Nita Beck »

vishra2001 wrote:... the Top navigation, Menu proxy, and breadcrumb proxy of the HTML5 output would intermittently stop loading as I navigate through the output. "You are here" text displays, but the breadcrumbs text does not.
By "intermittently stop loading," I take it you mean that, as you navigate from topic to topic, some topics don't show the navigation items at all, rather than those specific topics sometimes show the navigation items and sometimes don't.

What you describe are sure signs that a topic without the navigation items means that that topic is not present on the TOC. That's where I'd start with my troubleshooting.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: breadcrumbs not loading in HTML5 Madcap Flare output

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Alternatively, it might be that the topic is in the TOC more than once, and if you got to it through a search then poor old Flare doesn't know which of the instances you mean so it doesn't know what to put in the breadcrumbs.

If that's the case, I suggest you create a snippet from the content of your topic, create separate topics m(one for each place in the TOC) that only contains the snippet. That way you can be sure the content isn't going to get out of sync but Flare can know what to put in the breadcrumbs trail.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx