Close a Topic Sent for Review By Another Author

EricS
Propeller Head

Close a Topic Sent for Review By Another Author

Post by EricS »

Hi all -

New situation - my team and I just ran across a topic that was sent for review over a year ago by an author who is not longer with us.

Is there a way that I can close that topic either via Flare or Central to be able to remove the "This topic has been sent for review on MadCap Central. Until the review process is closed, you may want to edit the topic on the Reviews page in Central. Otherwise, you might need to merge conflicts when accepting that topic back into Flare." message?

Thanks,

Eric

x-posted in Flare General Discussion
Eric S.
Roger475
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Close a Topic Sent for Review By Another Author

Post by Roger475 »

I also have the same problem, and would appreciate an answer.
Roger475
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Roger475 »

OK, I found the answer. It is here: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Files.htm

The salient instruction is in the yellow box in step 2:
Note Technically, you can also select Sent Files in the drop-down and close files from there. However, these are files that reviewers have not yet finished in Central. So if you close the review process for these files, they can no longer be edited on Central. You might close the review process for a file from the Sent Files view, for example, if a particular reviewer leaves the company and is unable to finish editing the file on Central.
Then, once the topic file(s) is displayed in the File Review pane, you can close a topic for review, which removes it from Central.

So be sure Sent Files is selected at the top of the File Reviews pane, and not Inbox (which appears to be the default).
EricS
Propeller Head

Post by EricS »

Thanks for replying, Roger but that doesn't apply to my situation.

The issue is not that the reviewer left the company (which is what the Central help file you linked to discusses).

The issue is that the author who sent the topic out for review is no longer with the company.

So, I am still in the same predicament.
Eric S.