eLearning Template - page numbering fix

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

eLearning Template - page numbering fix

Post by Feebeegeebee »

Hi,
Just in case anyone else trips over this...
I have been using the Cabrillo eLearning template to create various training modules.
During testing, our engineer noted that the page numbering was confusing - when launching the modules. I didn't realise it even showed page numbers, but found that they are shown in the left side panel (e.g. page 5 of 10). When you launch a module and start, it jumps straight from the Home page to page 3. Hence the confusion.
Couldn't understand what was going wrong, but all my training modules had this issue.
So, I went back to the Madcap website and downloaded the original template again and then discovered that the template also had the same problem. Reordering the TOC didn't fix it and certain items were required, for the flow of the module.
Contacted Madcap Support. They came up with a workaround that wasn't satisfactory, as it added an extra step after the end of the module, which made no sense.

The TOC has the following:
cabrillo_toc.png
So, if you're using this template, you need the TOC to include the pages that are steps in the training, but in order to make the page numbers work, you need to remove the "Home" topic from the TOC.
The Home page is the page you start from anyway, and there is a Home link at the top of the output, should you wish to return to the beginning.
This then means the Course Intro topic becomes second in the TOC and effectively page 2, which is correct.
Hope this helps someone else who encounters the same issue.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------