Languages not supported by Lingo

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Sreichert
Jr. Propeller Head

Languages not supported by Lingo

Post by Sreichert »

I need to have a document translated into Bosnian but just found out that Lingo does not support this language. It's simply missing from the drop down menu in the project creation when choosing a target language.

I could of course choose some placeholder language as target language and then tell the translator to translate into Bosnian instead of the placeholder language but then it would be impossible to enter the Bosnian translation into the translation memory since it would interfere with the translation memory entries that are already there for the placeholder language.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and knows how to deal with such a case?

What do I do with a language Lingo does not support?
Infoverge
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Languages not supported by Lingo

Post by Infoverge »

MadTranslations helped me with this.

You will need Admin rights to your computer to add the language at your end in Lingo.

This is an example for adding Mongolian:

Go to: C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Lingo 11\Lingo.app\Resources\Xml or wherever Lingo is installed.
Open “Language Codes.xml”
After “Maltese” insert the following: <Language Code="mn" Language="Mongolian (Cyrillic)" Native="Монгол Улс" HtmlRtlCode="&#x200E;" LangID="0x0428" CodePage="1251" />
(LangID must be unique)

Now you should be able to select Mongolian (Cyrillic) in your Lingo.

It worked a treat. I imagine it's similar for Bosnian.