Error in output for external URL hyperlink "Your browser isn't supported"

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
LHallAtADC
Jr. Propeller Head

Error in output for external URL hyperlink "Your browser isn't supported"

Post by LHallAtADC »

We're working on inviting chm output to exit, thank goodness, but in our last product release next week, we're doing our last iteration.

In my chm output, for the link to our customer support site (Salesforce, if that matters), method: Insert>Hyperlink>Hyperlink.

The hyperlink is correct and it works correctly with a Ctrl+click from the software.

In the output, the containing topic opens correctly without error, but when I click the hyperlink in the output, I get some script errors, and this message "Your browser isn't supported" followed by details about features that are not available, etc.

Now the odd thing is that the format of the topic is the same as the previous iteration of the help files (different websites for different topics, so that may be important), and those work.

There is no js in the topic itself. There are no scripts as part of this project. I rather unfortunately do not know js, but I'm learning, just not fast enough for help now.

Any ideas?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Error in output for external URL hyperlink "Your browser isn't supported"

Post by Psider »

If it's opening within the chm window then the message is probably correct as the chm window uses some form of Internet Explorer (maximum 9 maybe?) which I don't think Salesforce supports. Perhaps you could try forcing the link to open in a new window, to see if that opens your default browser which should be newer and work?

Otherwise, perhaps view the source in the chm (from right-click) and see if the hyperlink for this topic looks different from a working topic?
LHallAtADC
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Error in output for external URL hyperlink "Your browser isn't supported"

Post by LHallAtADC »

I found a workaround for this using a redirect topic script. Apparently, it's all related to the way the internal compiler uses IE and that's dead, so... On to the next issue.