Kerning and Fonts

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
MadKiwiCap
Propeller Head

Kerning and Fonts

Post by MadKiwiCap »

I've added some fonts (A) due to error messages I received.
It states (B) that it could not convert fonts Orbitron and Robot Condensed but the fonts are in the folder.
Fonts_Kerning.png
It could be the same issue, but I've been trying to solve a kerning issue (C) as well.

(Apologies for the low quality, 256k is a very low filesize cap) :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Kerning and Fonts

Post by Nita Beck »

Hi. Apologies for a “dumb” question, but did you also install those same fonts on your computer? I’d assume that Flare’s PDF engine will be looking for fonts to be installed on the computer, not just in a folder in the project and called by the stylesheet. I could be wrong, but that’s where I’d start to troubleshoot. And the error message you see is telling you that the PDF engine is defaulting to Helvetica. Another hint that Flare can’t find the font among installed fonts.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

Just to note to ensure you install the font for 'all users', to avoid further font issues:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/ins ... s-for-use/

Rob
MadKiwiCap
Propeller Head

Post by MadKiwiCap »

robdocsmith wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:59 pm Just to note to ensure you install the font for 'all users', to avoid further font issues:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/ins ... s-for-use/

Rob
Thanks Rob

This seems to have done the trick.

I have installed the fonts before by drag-and-drop into the Fonts folder, but it seems to be a permissions issue.

It is also curious that Flare's default font is Helvetica, but it's not installed on my system and seems to not be a free font. It's probably not Madcap's doing, but the way my project was set up.