Amazon S3 issue

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
David Skoglund
Propeller Head

Amazon S3 issue

Post by David Skoglund »

Background: Newly developed Flare web help site recently deployed for the first time. We ran into weird caching issue with our hosting provider which I detailed in another post awhile back. We decided to move the documentation to an Amazon S3 bucket. That's working fine.

Testing it yesterday for the first time in S3, I noticed that it behaves oddly with certain permutations of the URL.
  • <URL>/index.htm = Works fine
  • <URL>/Content/Home.htm = Works fine
  • <URL> = Weird broken behavior. Basically, it looks like using the root URL things aren't fully loading. The landing page is missing styles and icons. The clicking the links in the main pane results in these errors.
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>REMOVED</RequestId>
<HostId>REMOVED</HostId>
</Error>

Clicking the links in the TOC work fine. Once you are in a topic if you click home it loads the main page correctly.

In the Chrome developer tools I see 403 errors and that the Styles.css file and some icon files aren't loading.

GET <URL>/Resources/Stylesheets/Styles.css 403
GET <URL>/Resources/Images/icon-gears2.png 403
GET <URL>/favicon.ico 403

I'm curious if anyone has run into this issue before and could offer any advice?