Build failed: Compiler: /Content/Search.htm: Failed to parse template page file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Huddleston59
Jr. Propeller Head

Build failed: Compiler: /Content/Search.htm: Failed to parse template page file

Post by Huddleston59 »

I updated a project yesterday in Flare 2022 r3 and everything was working fine. After pushing the updated project to Git, I upgraded to Flare 2023.

This morning, the project is giving me error messages when I try to build the primary output, which is HTML5.

The biggest problem is this warning:

Build failed: Compiler: In file: [path]/Content/Search.htm: Failed to parse template page [unable to find the specified file.].

This is the first time I've heard of the Search.htm file and have no idea what template it would be using. I pulled yesterday's version of the project back down from Git, but the same error keeps popping up.

Can anyone advise what's wrong and how to fix it? Thanks!
zappy0
Propeller Head

Re: Build failed: Compiler: /Content/Search.htm: Failed to parse template page file

Post by zappy0 »

You must be generating Top Nav help. I believe Search.htm is added to the /Content/ directory when you build the project. When I get these strange "unable to find the specified file" it is usually because the file path has become too long - I don't know how long that is. When I shorten the overall path, the errors go away. Sometime I just need to shorten a filename (always inside of Flare so the links are updated). You could Copy your project to c:\temp\ to see if you can get a successful build from that shorter path.
Huddleston59
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Build failed: Compiler: /Content/Search.htm: Failed to parse template page file

Post by Huddleston59 »

Actually I"m using SideNav but I'll take your suggestion just the same. Thank you!