Removing menu items from Top Nav header

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
TopNavNewbie
Jr. Propeller Head

Removing menu items from Top Nav header

Post by TopNavNewbie »

Hi everyone,

I’ve been using Flare for the past three years and am attempting to move to the Top Nav output. My CSS skills are basic and I’m finding it a bit of a challenge to customise my output the way I’d like.

I’d like to create a page similar to this example I found in the Flare Product Showcase: https://docs.tenable.com/

However, I don’t know how to remove menu items from the skin Header. Is this easily done or what exactly am I missing? I tried going to the Master Page but couldn’t figure it out from there.

Kind regards,

Louise
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Removing menu items from Top Nav header

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Louise,

in order to remove top navigation open "Styles" in skin editor for top navigation and scroll down to menu. There, open the Layout section and change Display to None. The attached screenshot might help to find it. There may be more to do to adapt your skin to your sample.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
TopNavNewbie
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by TopNavNewbie »

Hi Sabine,

Thank you so much for your help :) Your solution was exactly what I needed!

Kind regards,

Louise
BeccaNicole1478
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by BeccaNicole1478 »

Maybe I'm crazy...
I know the OG post is from 2017 so I'm wondering if this aspect of Flare has changed that much or if I'm missing something.

I'm looking to do the same thing as the original poster and when following SKamprowskis's steps, I don't see anything having to do with displaying the items *on the sub-level item*. The only elements I'm able to change the display of is the entire top nav menu itself. The screenshot that was attached originally is no longer available or I'm sure I could have used it to get a good idea of where it is now.

Using Flare 2023

Love any help you can give.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

What do you actually want to do?
Just it's not that clear from the original post either.

If you want to choose how many menu levels to display, then open the skin editor and set the Top Menu Levels to Show (Depth) on the Setup tab.

As you mentioned, the setting on the Styles for Menu > Top Navigation Menu > Layout will just show/hide the entire menu, not the levels in the menu.