Ordered Lists

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
jbloemker
Jr. Propeller Head

Ordered Lists

Post by jbloemker »

Folks:

I am new to Flare. I've worked with CSS in the past, but it's been a while. My problem has to do with formatting the numbering in ordered lists. I can't get the font and font size to match the paragraph formatting. I've tried looking this up on the W3 training site, and I've tried experimenting, but with no success. Can anyone recommend a good, clear source for this type of information?

Jonathan Bloemker
Compunetix, Inc.
Federal Systems Division
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Ordered Lists

Post by Nita Beck »

What you see in Flare's XML editor is going to depend on the stylesheet associated with your primary target. The way that ordered lists are being rendered will derive from that stylesheet. Start by examining the stylesheet. (You might find it convenience to examine it in the internal text editor, rather than Flare's Stylesheet Editor.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Sorry for the typos. For some reason, the forums block my attempts to edit my own posts. Hmmms...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

This link came up in previous discussions about lists:

https://css-tricks.com/list-style-recipes/

That gives a pretty good run down of possibilities for numbering and styling lists. A good starting point anyway.

As for why a normal list might be different between number and text, I'd check for font-family, font-size differences between your ol and li element definitions in your stylesheet. Remember to look in the @media section for your particular output.

More fancy styles in this link:
https://css-tricks.com/css-counters-cus ... r-styling/

But that's probably beyond what most people need for their documentation.

Cheers,
Rob
jbloemker
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jbloemker »

Thanks! I can see that some things have changed since I last worked with CSS.