Persistent icons when showing/hiding TOC in side-nav

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
sparklyfirefly
Propeller Head

Persistent icons when showing/hiding TOC in side-nav

Post by sparklyfirefly »

Hi all

I have been experimenting with my side-nav web output to show/hide my table of contents, which has worked well using this procedure (thanks Jack!)

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/sho ... nts-flare/

However, I would like to change the icons used to show/hide the TOC, but no matter what I do, Jack's original icons persist. I've replaced them in the skin, searched for them in my project, changed the names, used the new names - all to no avail!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Laura
sparklyfirefly
Propeller Head

Re: Persistent icons when showing/hiding TOC in side-nav

Post by sparklyfirefly »

OK, so obviously, once I posted this, I managed to solve it.

I opened the Topic-Toolbar Skin in Notepad and deleted everything within the Resources section, then added the new icons using the Target Editor view.
TeSol
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by TeSol »

Thanks for this post; I too was looking to do something similar. I too want to replace with my own icons. But in the zip file provided by Jack I could not find the icons anywhere. Where are his icon files in the folder structure?

Thanks in advance.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Icons/images used by skins are actually embedded in the skin file (*.flskn), so you won't find a file in the source project that you can edit.

You can add new images to the skin in the Skin editor, you just browse for the local image file and select it, then Flare will embed it in the skin file and you can select it from the list of images in the skin.

After a while, you can end up with lots of unused images in your skin file. As sparklyfirefly mentions, you can remove any unused embedded images from the skin by opening the skin file in the text editor and removing images in the the <Resources> section.