Responsive Tables in MadCap Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
juliamarie611
Jr. Propeller Head

Responsive Tables in MadCap Flare

Post by juliamarie611 »

Where can I find information on how to make my Madcap Flare tables responsive? I'm creating tables for our API docs that are either 2 or 3 columns. I'm using MadCap's TableStyles, and they look great in desktop view, but everything gets squished in mobile view. Columns are set to a specific % width.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: Responsive Tables in MadCap Flare

Post by trent the thief »

Hi Juliamaria,

Sorry, but that is so far, almost entirely manual. Flare doesn't natively support Flex for _us_, even though it's used elsewhere.

You can still use Flex even though flare throws a flex not supported line in the message window. Lots of us are using Flex in various ways.

Setting up responsive tables is a little complex and involves some css and usually some javascript. CSS-Tricks has a very nice article that should help.

https://css-tricks.com/accessible-simpl ... ive-tables.

Also, you are able to use the Slack application, the Flare community channels are pretty active. If you already use Slack, search for the MadCap Workspace. If you've never used Slack before and would like to try it out, install it and PM me your email for an invitation. It's free ;-)
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: