Controlling order for "Related topics" headings

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
bernobic
Jr. Propeller Head

Controlling order for "Related topics" headings

Post by bernobic »

Hi all, there HAS to be a way to do this --

Using relationship tables (HTML5 output) to generate lists of related topics. Have created a number of columns with custom names for different groups of links. AND have successfully created CSS to create the heading labels for each section.

What I cannot figure out is how to control the order in which the groups appear? Doesn't seem to match alphabetical order of the column names, nor the heading labels. For example, right now my relationship table has columns in this order:
postblock
function
nci
variable
concept

When I generate a topic, I get the headings in the following order:
function
concept
postblock
nci
variable

Any idea where I can control this?

Thanks,
Robert
chrisj
Propeller Head

Re: Controlling order for "Related topics" headings

Post by chrisj »

Not sure if you have this resolved yet, post back if you do!

I believe the order is supposed to come from the column order in your table. I would first check your relationshipsHeading style and see if the order in the stylesheet is off. This can happen sometimes if you deleted or moved a column. The only other thing I can think of is that I have ran into some funny issues with the styles if there is no master stylesheet for the target.
Chris Jones
Product Content Manager - TEAM Software
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Re: Controlling order for "Related topics" headings

Post by Zauberlehrling »

I know it's almost 10 years that someone posted something in this topic. I will just resuscitate it rather than open a new topic with the same question. I hope that is okay.

I have the same issue as the original poster. I can see in older documents (from before my time in that job) the order is different. The order in the *.flrtb file is the following:

Process Steps (task)*
Standard Procedures (standardprocedures)*
Reference (reference)*

(* the names in brackets are the name in the header and in the CSS)

I would have expected to see the links under "Process Steps" first, then the others.
But in my case it shows the the "Reference" before the "Standard Procedures" and "Standard Procedures" before "Process Steps".
And if I put links in all three, it comes up with "Standard Procedures" first, then "Reference" and then "Process Steps".
In the stylesheet is no mentioning about order.

Any idea?
Thank you in advance.