Manage Recent Projects in Windows Task Bar

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
oelgoetz
Propeller Head

Manage Recent Projects in Windows Task Bar

Post by oelgoetz »

I am familiar with how to manage the "recent projects"/"recent files" list on Flare's Start Page. But there is another "recent projects"/"recent file" list when you right-klick the Flare icon in the task bar and it seems to be independent of the one in the start page.

Via the Windows UI I can only remove single items from it and I don't know the length of it. So far it seems to be endless so I'd like to reset it completely. Does anybody know how to do that?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Manage Recent Projects in Windows Task Bar

Post by Psider »

I think it's probably a window Windows feature called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access". To get to it, right-clcik on the desktop, select Personalize, then click the Start tab. (Or, click the start button and start typing the field name to get to it quickly.) But turning it off would turn off the feature for all applications. As to where the list is stored, it could be the registry or somewhere in the %appdata% folder or somewhere else entirely.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: Manage Recent Projects in Windows Task Bar

Post by trent the thief »

@Psider is correct. The list is maintained in the registry and the only safe method to clear them is the slow way. I'm not certain how many recent files it can hold, but I believe that it's fewer than 15. I've had 8 projects pinned on Flare for awhile.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: