Copy linked files into defined folder when building PDF target

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Tobias
Propeller Head

Copy linked files into defined folder when building PDF target

Post by Tobias »

Hi together,

I`m writing machinery documentations with lots of 3rd party PDFs to be attached. Until now I included them all into one big PDF when building my PDF target.
It would be easier to just link those 3rd party pdfs in my central operation manual PDF. When I copy the 3rd party PDFs into my project and link them as "hyperlinks", the links work fine and the corresponding PDF is opened when clicking on the link.
BUT: all the 3rd party pdfs are crammed into the same folder as my output pdf. This gets ugly and confusing for our customers.
Is there any way to automatically copy linked PDFs into a defined (sub)folder?

Kind Regards
Tobias
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: Copy linked files into defined folder when building PDF target

Post by trent the thief »

Hi Tobias,

Placement anywhere in the project is possible. The issue is how PDFs get published from Flare. Pre-generated PDFs aren't really part of a project, so Flare can only copy them to a new location. When you publish PDF output, Flare sends your published PDF file to the Destination along with the linked in PDFs. That's why they're all in one spot.

If you do the same thing from an html5 project, Flare respects the locations and links. Flare puts the linked PDFs in the directories where you placed them.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: