Unresponsive Responsive Layout

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Perrorist
Propeller Head

Unresponsive Responsive Layout

Post by Perrorist »

I've created a Top Nav Advanced factory templated project out of the box and attempted to use the Responsive Layout to add a grid to the Home page. The Responsive Layout window was greyed out and I couldn't select a style. I then created a new topic and tried again. Still unresponsive. Anyone know why this is so?
Perrorist
Propeller Head

Re: Unresponsive Responsive Layout

Post by Perrorist »

It turns out I should be in the XML Editor, not the Text Editor, which is where I normally work. Thanks, Tech Support.
hildebrandt
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by hildebrandt »

I know it's an old topic, but it turns out I have the same problem, however I'm in the XML editor and the buttons are grayed out? Hat jemand eine Idee, wie man das lösen könnte?
hildebrandt
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by hildebrandt »

I was able to solve it myself.

Repairing the installation does not work, uninstalling as described on this MadCap website and then reinstalling did the trick.

https://kb.madcapsoftware.com/Content/F ... cket_saves

The "Responsive Layout" editor works, again.

And as always: make a backup of your project files first.
Last edited by hildebrandt on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
hildebrandt
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by hildebrandt »

No, the re-install didn't solve anything. It worked for an hour and I'm back to the greyed out buttons. It happend when I switched through all modes (Web/Tablet/Mobil) and wanted to switch back to "Web".

Any ideas why this is happening?
12-01-_2024_22-39-37.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hildebrandt
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by hildebrandt »

Found it!
Sorry to bother you all again.

I didn't realize that Flare had switched to the wrong medium in the XML Editor on its own. I had to switch back to "Default Medium"
12-01-_2024_23-10-22.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.