Can we put Targets in the Content Explorer?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
elin_decker
Propeller Head

Can we put Targets in the Content Explorer?

Post by elin_decker »

My company is new to Flare, and we're still establishing what will be our eventual project structure. What it looks like now is that we'll have about 20 projects, each with hundreds of documents as separate folders within the Content Explorer (with GPL and shared topics where possible.) Ideally, the TOC and Target for each doc would live in that document's folder in the Content Explorer to keep all the files related to one doc together. I was able to copy a TOC into the Content Explorer, but not a Target. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, or if Flare has a block on moving Targets out of the Project Organizer. (I'm using Flare 2023 r2.) The Targets will be named numerically so we can find the one we need in the Targets folder, but there will be so many that it'll be a lot of scrolling! I could use some suggestions.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Can we put Targets in the Content Explorer?

Post by NorthEast »

From what I can see, you can copy a TOC but not move it, and you can't copy or move a target (and several other Project files). In a target, you can only select TOCs from the Project folder. So I think being able to copy the TOC into the Content folder is a bug.

My advice would be not to mess around with this, as Flare expects certain file types to be in the Project and Content folders, so I'd expect some strange behaviour and/or build failures.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

You could have duplicate folder structures under TOC and Target areas in the Project folder though. If you keep the naming the same as your Content folder items will be easier to find.
elin_decker
Propeller Head

Post by elin_decker »

Thanks for the responses. I wish there was a way to keep all of the related files in one place, but I guess I should stick with Flare's organization. Presumably they made it that way for a reason. :D