Creating a soft line break in Flare?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
lbon42
Jr. Propeller Head

Creating a soft line break in Flare?

Post by lbon42 »

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but why we can no longer make a soft break (Shift+Enter) in Flare? We could before, but now I get the <empty> message and in the text editor it shows the <br/>, which is correct, but we can't do a soft line break in the XML editor. Even if I manually enter the <br/> in the text editor I still get the <empty> message in the XML editor and have to remove it.

I really need to be able to do Soft Breaks, for both Screen Text and Tables.

We did just do a new stylesheet from scratch and we're using the print medium and I don't know if it has something to do with that or if it's something else.

Is there a setting or something in the css we're missing and if so, how do we resolve this?

Using Flare 2023 R2

Thank you!
Lou
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Creating a soft line break in Flare?

Post by Matze »

Hi, from my point of view I would not make line breaks. Better creating other methods such as paragraph styles.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Could you perhaps have the "Show Tags" button turned on and one of the settings causes the br to show as <empty>? Something to check, anyway.

Here's the relevant help page:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... opofEditor

Search for "XML tags surrounding" to jump from the bookmark to the relevant button description.
lbon42
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lbon42 »

Thank you both - I will tell the author to give it a try.

She needs to use soft breaks, not P Tags due the spacing - this is for screen text input/output, so she doesn't want the large space in between lines, but for regular content the spacing must remain as is with regular P tags.

Thank you!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

lbon42 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:55 am Thank you both - I will tell the author to give it a try.

She needs to use soft breaks, not P Tags due the spacing - this is for screen text input/output, so she doesn't want the large space in between lines, but for regular content the spacing must remain as is with regular P tags.

Thank you!
I suggest you add a p class to your stylesheet that she can use for screen input, and have the space between lines be as you need it for that class, rather than using Shift-Return to insert linefeeds.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx