Front page on right page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Vibeke B
Propeller Head

Front page on right page

Post by Vibeke B »

Hi all!

You know how a front page of a manual is always a right page? Then we have what I call a preface page with some version and copyright info on the first left, then the TOC starts on the next right page.

I have made my page layouts to this structure. I don’t use first right and first left, just regular Left and Right as I don't need a different first page. The properties for each chapter in the TOC also uses the correct right and left.

When you open this PDF in Adobe, it should (in my opinion) display the front page as a single page, then display the following as a two-page view, so you can balance the pages. But currently, Adobe opens is so the front page is on the left and the preface page is on the right, so the balance is wrong. All the page numbers in the footer are displayed in the “wrong” side, because they are not displayed correctly as right and left. Contentwise, this does not matter. But it really bothers me that I cannot balance the pages.

Is this an Adobe problem or a Flare problem? Can I fix it?
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Front page on right page

Post by robdocsmith »

It's a bit of both. The way the document is displayed is a PDF thing. You're looking for Two Page View and to select the Show Cover Page in Two Page View. The good news is, you can select this initial display option in the PDF Options of your target. In the Initial View section choose Page Layout as Two-up Cover Page.

Cheers,
Rob
Vibeke B
Propeller Head

Re: Front page on right page

Post by Vibeke B »

Thank you so much! This is just what I needed :D