drop-down hotspot

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Spaghetti
Jr. Propeller Head

drop-down hotspot

Post by Spaghetti »

Hi all, I'm trying to create a drop-down hotspot.
Unfortunately, the drop-down hotspot is greyed out and I can only create drop-down text for the whole sentence or paragraph. Is there a trick?
Many thanks!
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: drop-down hotspot

Post by AlexFox »

Hi, a dropdown hotspot is automatically created within the dropdown head when you add dropdown text to a topic. You can select different text within the dropdown head if you want to change which text acts as the hotspot, then you'll see the option is selectable.
Spaghetti
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Spaghetti »

Hi thank you for your reply.
When I do that, the style changes. For example, if I want a hotspot on a bulleted list or an indented list, the drop-down positions itself in the left margin and the original style is lost. Is there a way around it?
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by AlexFox »

This might well be due to Flare getting confused and not applying styles correctly, which can happen with MC| elements. I'd recommend inspecting the output with your browser developer tools and targeting the exact elements you want to style. The downside of this is that the styles won't be reflected in Flare's XML editor though (so you'll have to build/preview each time you want to check your changes).
Spaghetti
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Spaghetti »

Thank you so much for your reply.
Disappointing that we have to often go to the code and change stuff in there to get the output we need. Not everyone is interested in coding nor knows how to manipulate it. I definitely fall into that category.
Nevertheless, I expect I'll learn more about it eventually simply because we have to in Flare.
Thank you again.