Zendesk Credentials Issue

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
skatzner
Jr. Propeller Head

Zendesk Credentials Issue

Post by skatzner »

I have the Zendesk Connect app and am trying to set up my destination. I have admin security permissions in Zendesk. (the first time I tried to authenticate a couple of weeks ago, I did not). I am trying to enter my credentials, however, I keep getting an error message that I must be an administrator or team leader in Zendesk to publish to Zendesk. I am assuming there is some sort of cache in Flare I need to clear, but I can't figure out where. Also I noticed the first time I click on the Credentials button it asks me for my subdomain and user name and password. After it fails and I click on it again to try again it only asks for the subdomain and not for the user name and password. It won't come back even if I exit Flare. If I reboot my computer sometimes it does. I've tried deleting my user file under Output but that hasn't helped. Any ideas?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Zendesk Credentials Issue

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I had this problem, and it was a Zendesk authorisation thing. You need to be a very specific type of Zendesk admin, not just their "admin lite" thing. I can't remember the exact terminology, and the Flare docs on Zendesk stuff could do with being updated with the current Zendesk terminology.

If you ask your Zendesk admin person to give you FULL admin rights, not just rights over the Help Center, that should fix things for you.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
skatzner
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Zendesk Credentials Issue

Post by skatzner »

Thanks! That was the issue. I couldn't just be a "Guide Admin" I had to be an Admin, Admin.