Tablet/Mobile Medium Displayed in Web Browser

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
krh2017
Jr. Propeller Head

Tablet/Mobile Medium Displayed in Web Browser

Post by krh2017 »

I am generating HTML5 output. My target is using an HTML5 skin.

In the HTML5 Skin Editor, I click Styles. Then I click the Web Medium tab. In the Preview area of the Styles tab, I see the skin the way it should look in a Web browser.

Next, I click the Preview option in the toolbar of the Skin Editor. MS Edge opens. However, it doesn't display the Web Medium. Instead, I see the Tablet/Mobile Medium.

Likewise, when I build my target and open the output in Edge, it doesn't display the Web Medium. Instead, I see the Tablet/Mobile Medium.

How do I get the Web Medium to display in the Web browser (which is what should happen)?

BTW, I also opened the output using Chrome. I get the same results.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Tablet/Mobile Medium Displayed in Web Browser

Post by Psider »

The tablet view generally kicks in at a specific pixel width. Have you tried making your browser window larger?

If your browser window is already full screen, then it could be because of the Window Scale and Layout setting. If it is set to more than 100% then the browser window will have "fewer" pixels and could be detected as a tablet screen size. Try setting it to 100% and see if you now get the web view. (This is not a Flare problem btw, just a sideffect of the difference between physical pixels and Windows scaled pixels.)