How to make scrollbar always visible?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
TWF
Jr. Propeller Head

How to make scrollbar always visible?

Post by TWF »

I have topic toolbar on the right side of the screen and it includes expand/collapse-button, which lets user to open and close all the drop downs on topic. It causes a stupid problem, because there is no y-scrollbar visible when drop downs are closed (not enough visible content to make it appear), and when user clicks the expand button, y-scrollbar appears and moves all the content to the left (the expand/collapse button also). Now if user wants to click the expand/collapse button again, the mouse cursor is next to the button, not on it. I now this is normal behaviour, but I'd like to find a solution to prevent this. It would be much better, if the toolbar didn't move.

So how can I make y-scrollbar visible all the time? I now there is css solution that works on normal websites:

Code: Select all

body {
  overflow-y: scroll
}
But that doesn't help, because it just adds an extra scroll bar to a website created with Flare. It also goes over header, and I don't want it to do that. I think there must be a way to force y-scrollbar visible on topics, I just don't know how to do that.

Any help appreciated!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How to make scrollbar always visible?

Post by NorthEast »

It will depend on what skin you're using.

This should work for a Side Nav skin:

Code: Select all

.body-container 
{
 overflow-y: scroll;
}
TWF
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How to make scrollbar always visible?

Post by TWF »

Thank you, it solved the problem. :) I didn't understand to use "body-container" class (I tried "body" element which wasn't good for this purpose).