Export Color Picker Palette

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jcollins
Propeller Head

Export Color Picker Palette

Post by jcollins »

Does anyone know if the Saved color palette in the Flare Color Picker can be exported? I'd love to be able to share the palette with my team and import it to Mimic, but I haven't found a method to do so thus far. Any ideas?
FpgaEd
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Export Color Picker Palette

Post by FpgaEd »

This is an OLD topic but I ran into an issue and wanted to know where the "Saved" colors were located.

To add to the collective knowledge, for those interested, they're in the registry at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MadCap Software\Flare\Default\CustomColors.

Also, when calling out a saved color, understandably, it appears in the underlying html by its hex value, not by name <span style="color: #002d72;">
FpgaEd
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Export Color Picker Palette

Post by FpgaEd »

Because my request to modify my last post is blocked, I submit this...

This is an OLD topic but I ran into an issue and wanted to know where the "Saved" colors were located.

Answer: they're in the registry at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MadCap Software\Flare\Default\CustomColors.
Also, when calling out a saved color, understandably, it appears in the underlying html by its hex value, not by name <span style="color: #002d72;">

Hoping to add to the collective knowledge for those interested...

Since these values are stored on the local machines registry, they will NOT be available on any other machine. As such, we don't used "Saved" colors.

Instead, the way we've worked with our brand colors is to first define a variable with the color in a css containing all brand colors BLT-Brand-color-variables.css:

Code: Select all

--blt__blue: #002d72; /* PMS 288 C, R0 G45 B114, HEX 002D72, C100 M79 Y0 K37 */
Then define css with the variable as to where we might use the color:

.blt__blue
{
	background-color: var(--blt__blue);
}
And finally, include the css files that contain the colors and styles in a recipe.css for the target we're building:

@import url('.BLT-Brand-Library/BLT-Brand-color-variables.css');
@import url('.BLT-Brand-Library/BLT-Brand-color-classes.css');